Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Anywhere But Here

Whenever I come home from a trip, I always get a case of the "Post Trip Blues". You get off the plane, jump in the car and drive back into reality. Monday morning comes and it's time to go back to work. But instead of getting up and starting my day with my usual routine, I sit up in bed and think to myself..."This time yesterday I was laying on the beach sun tanning". Then lunch time rolls around and you think "This time a couple days ago I was swimming in the ocean or having a drink poolside". This usually lasts for about a week, and then I am finally settled and ready to accept that this is infact, my real life... no more paradise. This time around though, has proven to be a bit different. I cannot seem to shake these blues. I want to be where the sun is almost always shining, I want to wake up and look out my window and see the ocean. I want to stand outside and feel the warmth from the sun kiss my cheeks. I want to live in a place where flip flops can be worn no matter what time of year it is. I want to walk to the ocean in the evening, with a cool breeze and just sit and listen to the waves crashing. Paradise does not have to be a once a year thing... why can't it become my every day life? The travel bug has bitten, and this time, the itch won't go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment