Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Go ahead... make my day!

I have discovered a great feeling, more lately than ever before and I love it. It's the feeling of complete happiness and  appreciation when someone that I don't know, a complete stranger makes my day. And its usually in a not so obvious way like holding the door for the person behind you, or when someone allows you to j-walk across the street. I have found myself with a giant smile on my face when having a conversation with someone who actually remembers my name, someone who I don't know very well, but has the respect to use my name when talking to me. Or when someone treats me, a stranger to them, with as much respect as they would someone they love. Several times a day I find myself saying, "he just totally made my day", or "she is my favorite". (I always say favorite for everything, even the tiny things). Today, specifically, I was all smiles when I was having a convo with a guy at work. He was extremely genuine in wishing me a great day and that made me feel awesome. It really is the small things that matter. Even when it comes to strangers. So my new goal... to try and make someone else's day, everyday! If I can give someone that warm and fuzzy feeling I get when someone makes my day, then why not pay it forward. If we all did that, don't you think this could be a world of ONE LOVE?

No comments:

Post a Comment