Friday, March 30, 2012

"Drunk on you and high on summer time"

Summer time is my absolute favorite time of year. There is not one single thing I dislike about that time of year... maybe one, when it ends. I love wearing flips flops and summer dresses. Waking up and going outside when the air is fresh and the sun is warm on my face. Wearing sunglasses and drinking cocktails on a patio, enjoying camping, country music, rafting and of course STAMPEDE! I look forward to this time of year more than anything, including my birthday and Christmas. One great thing that summer can bring, is summer love. Meeting someone on a trip, and dreading the end of summer because it means your time together has ended... or if you are lucky enough, it's just beginning. New love is so exciting. That Notebook, Ally and Noah kind of love. Having butterflies fluttering in your tummy knowing that he is pulling up to your house, excited to hold his hand and be proud to show everyone that he is with you. Doing special things for each other, like sending flowers... just cause. Or surprising him with a pair of tickets to the game. Time together feels so good... you never want the day to end so you stay up late into the night talking, with the occasional make out sesh as well. You look forward to each and every moment spent together. You become that couple that single people are jealous of. That is what I hope to find this summer. I miss being in love, I miss having someone to make me feel special, someone who is so proud to call me his girl. 2012 has treated me pretty well thus far, so fingers crossed that this really is my year…

No comments:

Post a Comment