Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"Just put your paws off it, cause you were born this way baby"

A shout out to Lady Gaga for her inspirational song, Born This Way. My favorite lyric from the song (hence the title of this entry) is when she says "Just put your paws off it, cause you were BORN THIS WAY BABY". I think it is so important, more now than ever, that girls, women and even guys understand that God created you as you are for a reason. Own it, love it and embrace it. It's sad to see what people are willing to do to themselves, what they are willing to put themselves through to fit the image that the media tells us is the "it" way to be. Extreme diets, plastic surgery, buffing up on steroids. I myself have struggled with how I want to look, to match all the hollywood starlets who so many young girls admire. But you know what, I am who I am, and those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. I truly believe that if there was a more positive and more realistic image of hollywood, or anywhere that people look to as a media source polluting their brains with false hopes of what beautiful is, that all the damage, both internally and externally would fade away. I read a quote the other day from the stunning Emma Stone that has turned into my new motto.

"I can't think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself". Amen Emma... Amen!

We need to love each other more, support each other more, encourage each other more and make this world a beautiful place, where people are free to be themselves without judgement. Let's make this happen. Give 3 compliments today, give someone a reason to smile, make someone else's day....Spread OneLove.

No comments:

Post a Comment